Lavender is herb with various health benefits. Also, this plant has dazzling fragrance and colour. In this article, we will explain two different recipes to make diy lavender soap. One of these recipes is complex but the other one is easy.
You can use this soap that has various benefits. Also, this soap can be a creative and low cost gift.
Professional DIY Soap Making: How to Make Glycerine Soap
Why DIY Lavender Soap?
We recommend making your own lavender soap because:
- This plant will relax you.
- It has antiseptic, astringent (tissue contractor), antiviral, and antibacterial properties. It can help healing process of dermatitis, eczema, acne, burns, and blisters.
- Lavender is commonly used in cleaning products.
- Purple colours gives a unique look.
- It has amazing fragrance.
- This soft plant is recommended even for babies and children.
- You can use lavender to have a nice fragrance in your drawers, and on your bed.
- It is also a simple and creative gift.
DIY Lavender Soap Recipe
First, we will list our ingredients.
- 210 ml olive oil or sunflower oil
- 30 gram caustic
- 65 ml pure water
- Lavender oil
- Fresh or dried lavender flower.
You also need the following tools:
- Any type of mould. You can cut the bottom part of a bottle or even use a brick. Avoid aluminium bowls.
- Protective goggle to work with caustic.
- Hand blender
- Glass bowl
- Wooden spoon to mix
DIY Lavender Soap Preparation
If you are happy with the results, next time you can increase the amount of ingredients and make couple of batches. You can also use silicon cake mould.
If you decide to use cake mould, cut the soap after it cools down. Keep distance between soaps and store this way.
A Simple Alternative Homemade Lavender Recipe
If you don’t want complex recipe, we also have this simple diy soap recipe as well.
Take a transparent or colourless glycerine bar. Melt this bar in double boiler and add couple of drops of lavender oil and lavender flower. Pour the mixture to soap mould and let it cool.