I love making my own homemade body oil with essential oils. These amazing oils will moisturise your skin. Also, they have amazing smell. When you prepare your body oil with natural ingredients like almond and cocoa, you no longer need to worry about all those harmful chemicals.
When I am out there shopping, I am tired of reading all those labels. There are tons of different ingredients in commercial body oils. While some of these ingredients are actually good for our skin, most of them will harm our skin.
So, instead of trying to select the most natural option, I have decided to make my own body oil.
In this article, I will give you two different body oil recipes. One recipe will contain sweet almond oil. And the other recipe will have cocoa oil. Both sweet almond oil and cocoa oil are super easy to find.
You can buy these ingredients from your local store. Or these ingredients are also available online. While buying these ingredients, try to select a reliable supplier. A reliable supplier will ensure natural products.
Almond Body Oil
- ¼ cup of shea butter
- 2-4 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of sandalwood essential oil
How to Prepare Almond Body Oil?
- First thing you need to do is make Shea butter softer. You don’t need to completely melt the butter. All you need is a consistency to mix all other ingredients with shea butter.
- Place Shea butter in a double boiler and heat the double boiler.
- When shea butter is soft enough, add sweet almond oil in shea butter.
- Mix these two ingredients.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes until this mixture cools down a bit.
- Then, add sandalwood essential oil to this mixture.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour this mixture in a clean glass jar.
- Your almond body oil is ready.
Cocoa Body Oil
- 1/2 cup of Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter (or mango oil)
- 10-30 drops of lavender essential oil *
- 1/2 cup of organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of jojoba oil or olive oil
How to Prepare Cocoa Body Oil?
- You will need to melt both shea butter and cocoa butter since these butters are in solid form at room temperature.
- Take shea butter and cocoa butter in double boiler and melt them.
- You need to stir this mixture while melting. This way, two ingredients will mix nice and perfect.
- When two oils are combined, remove from heat.
- Add coconut oil, jojoba oil (or olive oil) and lavender essential oil (if you are going to use essential oil) to this mixture.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Transfer this mixture in a clean glass jar and place this mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take the mixture out, mix all the ingredients again, and place it back to fridge.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy your cocoa body oil.
Almond body oil and cocoa body oil are amazing. But there is one thing you should be careful about. If you have oil skin, using these natural homemade body oils every day may make your skin oilier.
Also, this excessive oil may trigger black spots and acne formation. So, instead of using these DIY body oils every day, you can apply them two or three times per week. This way, you skin will get moisturised and you will avoid acne formation as well.