This time I wanted to spice things up a little bit. This homemade shea butter soap recipe is a bit professional. Actually, everyone can do it. Preparation of this recipe is easy. I only added couple of ingredients that will increase the consistency and shelf life of the shea butter soap. Without these ingredients, your recipe will perfectly work.
Okay, again I am using shea butter for one of my body lotion recipes. Because shea butter is the queen of homemade cosmetic products. With shea butter, you can moisturise your skin, face, lips, and even hair. This butter is like a miracle. So, like in many other recipes, shea butter is the main ingredients of this soap recipe.
In addition to moisturising effect of this butter, it will make your skin look younger as well. Shea butter ahs natural anti-aging property. Combined with other ingredients, shea butter will give you the best results. When you start using this amazing DIY shea butter body lotion, you will see the difference in couple of days.
Shea Butter Soap Recipe Ingredients
- 1/3 cup of Rosewater (84ml) + 1 tea spoon if necessary
- 1/4 tea spoon of Honey (1.8 gram)
- 1/2 tea spoon of Sodium Lactate (2 gram)
- 1 tea spoon of Sunflower Oil (5 gram)
- 1/4 teas spoon of Shea Butter (1.2 gram)
- 1/4 tea spoon of Rice Bran oil (1.3 gram)
- 1/8 tea spoon of Cocoa Butter (0.5 gram)
- 5 tea spoon of Emulsifying Wax (3.8 gram)
- 1/16 tea spoon of Xanthan Gum (0.2 gram)
- 20 drops of Vitamin E Oil (1g)
- 10-20 drops Essential oil – you can use Rose, Rose Geranium, and/or Ylang Ylang (0.5-1g)
- 1/4+1/8 teas spoon of Geogard Ultra (1.5g) or Liquid Germall Plus (0.5g)
Take a pot and fill half of the pot with water.
Add shea butter, rice bran oil, cocoa butter, wax, and xanthan gum in a bowl.
Place this bowl inside the pot. Melt the ingredients for approximately 20 minutes.
Take the pot away from stove.
Add rosewater, honey, sunflower oil, vitamin E oil, and essential rose oil into the mixture.
Combine all the ingredients.
Place the mixture in fridge for 5 or 10 minutes.
Whip all the ingredients until you obtain creamy form.
Pour the mixture in a clean container.
If you have double boiler, you can skip the first step. Instead, you will place shea butter, rice bran oil, cocoa butter, vax and xanthan gum in the double boiler. Also, you can omit xanthan gum and sunflower oil. This is a bit professional level shea butter soap recipe. So, when you take those two ingredients out, you will have easy to prepare recipe.
Another think you should consider is the essential oil. You can use essential lavender oil or rose geranium or any type of essential oil. Since some people are allergic to certain essential oils, it is better to pick your own oil. This way you will have the perfect shea butter lotion for skin.[irp posts=”1810″ name=”Best Shea Butter Recipe for Face”]