- 1 What Is Activated Charcoal?
- 2 Benefits of Activated Charcoal
- 3 How to Use Activated Charcoal?
- 4 Activated Charcoal Mask for Face with Gelatine
- 5 Activated Charcoal Clay Mask for Smoother Skin
- 6 Honey, Yeast and Activated Charcoal Mask for Face
- 7 Egg, Lemon Juice and Activated Charcoal Mask for Face
People has used activated charcoal mask for face for centuries. This carbon is different from normal charcoal that we use for heating our rooms. You can obtain this amazing ingredient by burning different materials like coconut shell.
Today, you can buy aactivated charcoal from almost anywhere. There are tons of online stores as well as your regular local store. As homemade beauty products are healthier option, you can use this ingredient to prepare your DIY activated charcoalmask for face. Rather than some commercial products that you don’t know the ingredients, you can opt for healthier options.
What Is Activated Charcoal?
Before giving you some activated charcoal mask for face recipes, let’s look at the history of activated charcoal. We have said that this ingredient has been used for centuries. This ingredient has been in the beauty routines of women for a long time.
This ingredient is obtained from burnt wood or coconut shell or other shells. Although it is sometimes called charcoal, it is different than charcoal we use in heating.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal has various benefits for your skin. And for those benefits, this ingredient is popular for homemade masks. Let’s see some of the benefits.
- One of the greatest benefit of this ingredient is that it will smooth your face. When combined with correct ingredients, you can prepare the perfect peeling mask. And all you need is couple of kitchen materials and 5 minutes.
- Also, activated charcoal can reduce excess oil on your skin. People with oil skin have a problem to reduce this oil. But activated charcoal mask for face can help you do that. This ingredient will absorb the excessive oil on your face. And as this oil is absorbed, you will also fight against other skin problems such as acne and blackheads.
- In addition to all these, activated charcoal can be used for reducing acne scar. Acne scar is the dark scary look left after acne problem. This problem is common among both men and women. By using amazing homemade activated charcoal mask for face, you can remove your acne scar.
- Anti-bacterial property of activated charcoal can help you to fight against some skin diseases that are caused by bacteria. Also, regular use of this ingredient will protect your skin against these disease. Additionally, acne that is cause by bacteria can be reduced by using this mask.
How to Use Activated Charcoal?
There are couple of ways you can use this amazing ingredient. Generally, activated charcoal is used for preparing face masks. These face masks contain other ingredients as well. This way, you can apply all-in-one DIY masks to clean and support your skin.
There are few rules you need to consider when you are using activated charcoal mask for face. The most important rule is that you need to use this mask regularly. Actually, this is the basic rule for all homemade beauty products.
Since all the ingredients in these recipes are natural, you need to be patient to see the actual results. Compared to commercial products, these natural ingredients will produce results much slower. But health benefits will be much higher.
Also, you need to be careful about shelf life of these products. When you are preparing your own beauty recipes at home, you need to check expiry date of every products. This is super important to avoid any allergies or other undesired results. Also, if you have allergies to certain ingredients, you should avoid them.
If you are going to use an ingredient for the first time, it is always better to test it on your hand or arm before applying to your face. This way, you will know whether you are allergic to that particular ingredient. You need to do this especially for essential oils. When you follow all these rules, you can easily enjoy your own activated charcoal mask for face.
Activated Charcoal Mask for Face with Gelatine
Actually, gelatine in this recipe will act as adhesive of the mixture. Gelatine will help you to achieve the desired consistency. This way, you can easily apply the mask on your face without spilling.
- 1 table spoon of activated charcoal
- 1 tea spoon of gelatine (or you can use one sheet of gelatine)
- 2 tea spoons of milk (instead, you can use water, almond milk or kefir)
Mix activated charcoal with gelatine. Slowly add milk (or water if you don’t have milk) to this mixture. Combine all the ingredients. Microwave the mixture for 15 seconds. Cool down the mixture at room temperature. Apply this mixture on your face. Wait for 15 minutes or until this mask is dry. Clean your face with warm water. When you apply this amazing active carbon mask for face regularly, you will start to see the difference.
Activated Charcoal Clay Mask for Smoother Skin
Clay is one of the best ingredients for peeling. Also, it will help achieving smoother skin. In addition to these benefits, clay can clean all your pores. So, this amazing mask will help you fight against acne and blackheads.
- 1 table spoon of white clay (or bentonite clay)
- 2 table spoons of activated charcoal
- Warm water
Mix white clay and activated charcoal in a clean cup. If you are going to use bentonite clay for this mask, there is thing you need to be careful about. Bentonite clay can interact with metal. This will cause bentonite clay to lose all health benefits. So, if you are going to use this ingredient, use wooden or plastic utensils like wooden spoon or wooden cup.
After preparing your mask, apply it on your face with a brush or with your fingers. Wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash your face with warm water. You can repeat this mask once a week. If you have oily skin, you might even apply this mask twice a week.
Honey, Yeast and Activated Charcoal Mask for Face
- 3 table spoon of activated charcoal
- 1 tea spoon of honey
- 20 grams of dry yeast
- 1-2 drops of face cream
Mix active charcoal with dry yeast. Add 1 tea spoon of honey to this mixture. Add face cream in this mixture. Face cream will help you to achieve the desired consistency. Combine all the ingredients. Apply this mask on your face with your fingers or with a brush. Keep it for 15-20 minutes. Wash your face with warm water.
Egg, Lemon Juice and Activated Charcoal Mask for Face
- 3 table spoons of activated charcoal
- 1 egg
- 5 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Mix activated charcoal with egg. Add 5 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in this mixture. Combine all the ingredients. Apply this mask on your face and keep it for 15-20 minutes. Clean the mask with cold water.
There is two things to be careful about this mask. When you are using egg in a mask, you need to rinse your face with cold water. Otherwise, warm water might cook the egg on your face. In this case, it is super hard to clean the egg. Also, when you are applying a mask that has lemon juice, try to apply this mask at night. You need to avoid sun for at least 3-4 hours after this mask. Lemon can interact with sun light. This could lead skin spots.