Activated charcoal mask is one of the most popular mask in the beauty sector. Actually, this mask is not new. At least in some cultures. However, it is important to note that this mask is not actually the carbon that we use for hearting. This is a bit different. So, let’s check out what is this mask and how you can use it in your daily beauty routine.
What Is Activated Charcoal Mask?
This mask has active carbon or activated charcoal as main ingredient. Actually, this ingredient has medical properties. This charcoal or carbon is obtained from residue of burnt coconut shell, bamboo or nut shell. So, it is not the carbon as we know it.
These materials are processed under laboratory conditions. Processing of active charcoal includes heating and burning. You need to purchase this ingredients from trusted sellers or from pharmacy. This way, you can ensure that you are using the healthy option.
What Are Benefits of Activated Charcoal Mask?
- This mask has various benefits to your skin. This mask will deep clean your skin. We mean every single pore on your face. Excessive oil, pollution around us and hormonal changes might clog our pores. And this will lead to blackheads and acne. So, this mask will prevent formation of blackheads and acne as well.
- Also, this mask has super peeling power. This way, you can remove the dead skin on your face. After applying this mask, your face will look brighter and smoother.
- Another benefit of this mask is to reduce large pores. Some people have larger pores than others. And these large pores tend to block and form acne. So, when you regularly use this mask, your pores will become smaller.
- Activated charcoal mask can also reduce skin spots. Skin spots can be caused by sun lights or hormonal changes like pregnancy. These spots might make you feel uncomfortable. But this mask will be a healthy solution.
How to Prepare Activated Charcoal Mask?
You will need few ingredients to prepare this mask. All the ingredients are easy to find. And all the steps are super easy.
Ingredients for Activated Charcoal Mask
- ½ tea spoon of activated charcoal (you can purchase this from pharmacies or online. But if you are going to purchase online, you need to select reliable suppliers)
- ½ tea spoon of bentonite clay
- ¼ tea spoon of melted or soft coconut oil
- ¼ tea spoon of carbonate
- 1 tea spoon of purified water
Add activated charcoal, bentonite clay, coconut oil, carbonate and purified water in a cup and mix all the ingredients. There is one thing you need to be careful about. Since bentonite clay can interact with metal utensils, avoid using metal cup. And do not mix these ingredients with metal spoon. You can use wooden utensils or plastic. After mixing everything, your mask will be ready.
How Can You Use This Mask?
It is super easy to use this mask. Just apply the mixture on your face. Keep it on for 10 minutes. Wash your face with warm water. You can use this mask once a week. But if you have oily skin, you can use activated charcoal mask 2 times per week.