What do commercial products have?
- Pellucid material
What does our natural toothpaste have?
- Natural humectant: 6 table spoon of corn starch
- Mild anti-septic/Anti-odour: 2 tea spoon carbonate (sodium bicarbonate)
- Mild anti-septic/Anti-odour: 10 drops of tea tree essence oil
- Mild anti-septic/Binder: 4-6 tea spoon coconut oil
- Odour: 10 drops of volatile oil (on demand)
Homemade Deodorant Preparation:
Before starting to perpetrate the recipes, don’t forget to check I Have Warned You…
All Deodorant Recipes: DIY Deodorant Recipes
Add tea tree oil. If you want to add odour, you need to it at this stage. Add coconut oil until you have paste (coconut oil will become solid under 24.5 degrees; you can melt the oil in microwave or on bain-marie).
Add the mixture into deodorant cup with the help of tea spoon.
Keep the deodorant in the fridge for 10 minutes.
How to Use:
- Apply the deodorant few minutes before you put on your cloths and wait for it to dry. (Don’t worry, these stains will easily disappear after you wash your cloths.)
- It is like candle deodorant on the market. But you need to apply a thin layer.
- This deodorant can get soften in hot weathers. You may keep the deodorant in the fridge. But when you take the deodorant off the fridge, the mechanism can have problems. You can wait for 5-10 minutes for the mechanism to work properly.
- You need to keep sodium bicarbonate away from aluminium cups.
- As the recipe is given with tea spoon, you will have small amount of deodorant. These are determined to fill a standard commercial deodorant box. If you want to fill more than one cup, you can multiply the amount.
If you are saying that “homemade toothpaste is not my thing”:
- Don’t judge before you try. It may take a little time for your body to adjust the new deodorant.
- If you aren’t ready to use it during summer, you can give it a try during water. You will decrease deodorant consumption by half even if you use this recipe during winter. Most importantly, you will discard bio-accumulation in your body caused by the products on the market.