Everyone wants whiter teeth. But having that white look with harming your teeth might be a bit hard.This time, I will share an amazing homemade toothpaste with charcoal recipe. Activated charcoal will act like the perfect whitening ingredient.
When you use this recipe regularly, you will notice the difference. You teeth will look whiter. And you can protect your oral and dental health with this homemade toothpaste with charcoal. Instead of using commercial toothpaste products, I love making my own toothpaste. It is fun and healthy at the same time.
In this recipe, I will use couple of ingredients you can easily find in your local stores or online. Preparation of this recipe is super easy. You can have homemade toothpaste with charcoal just in 5 minutes. Get ready to get your hands dirty and have some fun in the kitchen.
Homemade Toothpaste with Charcoal Toothpaste Recipe
- 2 teaspoons of Activated Charcoal
- 3 teaspoons of Calcium Carbonate
- 1 teaspoon of Bentonite Clay*
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of Xylitol
- 4 teaspoons of Water
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Coconut Oil
* You need to choose food grade bentonite clay. This is slightly different than bentonite clay that we use for face masks.
- Add all the ingredients except water and coconut oil in a clean cup.
- Combine all the ingredients. You can use a wooden spoon or a plastic beater for that.**
- Now, slowly add water in this mixture. You need to form a paste. So, it is important to add water slowly.
- For the last stage, add coconut oil.***
- Combine all the ingredients and your homemade toothpaste with charcoal is ready.
** Since we are using bentonite clay, always avoid using metal utensils. Although it is food grade bentonite, this clay can react with metal. Use plastic or wooden utensils.
*** You need to melt coconut oil before using. You can use a double boiler for this purpose.
How to Use Homemade Toothpaste With Charcoal
You can use this homemade toothpaste with charcoal like your normal toothpaste. But always store this recipe in fridge. Since we don’t use any preservatives, coconut oil can melt at room temperature. And this will spoil your recipe.
It is better to consume this toothpaste in 2 weeks. Afterwards, discard the old one and prepare a new charcoal toothpaste. You now know how to make one. So, it will be super easy for you.