Today, I will give an answer to a commonly asked question. How to make soap at home? Making your own soap may look a bit complicated.
But, wait until you hear my amazing and super easy recipe. Once you make you own soap, you will get addicted to it.
This amazing DIY soaps are natural and perfectly safe for your health. I know you are wondering the answer for how to make soap at home?
You will need the fundamental oils that we use in almost all of our DIY cosmetic products.
So, if you are making your own cosmetic products like shampoo, makeup products, or body lotions, you will easily find all the things you are looking for. Let’s check our super easy recipe for homemade soap.
Professional DIY Soap Making: How to Make Glycerine Soap
How to Make Soap at Home Ingredients
- 1 table spoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 table spoon of Olive Oil
- 1 table spoon of Shea Butter
- 1 table spoon of Cocoa Butter
- 1 table spoon of Castor Oil
- 1 table spoon of Avocado Oil
- 1 table spoon of Mango Butter
- 15-20 drops of Essential lavender oil*
- 4-5 drops of Colouring agents*
*These two are optional ingredients. You don’t need to essential oil or colouring agent. But if you want a nice smell and add relaxing power to your soap, I recommend essential lavender oil.
Also, the colouring agent for soap makes your homemade soap like candies.
How to Make Soap at Home Preparation
- Add coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, castor oil, avocado oil, and mang butter in a bowl.
- Take a pot and fill the half of the pot with water.
- Place the pot on medium heat.
- Place the bowl with oils inside the pot.
- Melt all the ingredients. If you have a double boiler, you can add all oils in that. And you can melt all your products in double boiler. This method here is described if you don’t have a double boiler at home.
- Wait for the mixture to cool down for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add essential lavender oil or any other essential oil you are using into the oil mixture.
- If you are going to use colouring agent for soap, you can add it with essential lavender oil.
- Mix all the ingredients until you obtain a uniform mixture.
- Pour the mixture in the moulds. Here, you can use ready-made moulds which are sold in most of the online shops.
- Just wait for 20 minutes for the soaps to cool down.
- Enjoy your homemade DIY soap.
When the soap moulds cool down, you can take the soaps out. And start enjoying this amazing homemade soap. As I am constantly repeating, you can play with the ingredients.
If you want to produce larger batches, you an increase the given amounts. But, you should be careful to increase with proportion.
For example, if you are going to use 2 table spoons of coconut oil, you need as double all remaining ingredients as well.