Shower scrubs are amazing. So, I wanted to prepare a more natural one. In this case, I will make DIY sugar scrub cubes. You can use these amazing scrubs and they have amazing benefits.
Since they have sugar, they will be the perfect peeling. Coconut oil will moisturise your skin. Also, you can add essential oils to add a beautiful scent. Let’s see how we prepare this amazing DIY sugar scrub cubes.
DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil – as an alternative, you can use almond oil.
- 1 cup of sugar – you can choose either brown sugar or white sugar
- 1/2 cup of unscented soap, shredded
- 2-3 drops of essential oil – this ingredient is optional. You can use it to add some scent to your cubes.
- Ice cube tray or other mold
- Add coconut oil and shredded soap in a bowl. Heat these ingredients in microwave. You can also use a double boiler for this process. If you use microwave, you need to stir the mixture and heat it couple of times.
- If you will use essential oils, add them in your mixture.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Pour this mixture in ice cube tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer. Keep them for 2-3 hours.
- Your DIY sugar scrub cubes are ready.
You can also try other options. Some of my favourites are as follows. You can use brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup for an alternative recipe. Or using vanilla, coffee and sugar is another option. For a Halloween version, add pumpkin spice and honey to sugar and coconut oil and mix everything.
To use these amazing DIY sugar scrub cubes, take the cubes out from ice cube tray. Massage your body with cold sugar scrub cubes in shower. You will feel instant relief.