What do commercial products have?
- Sweetening Agent
Let’s check Reading Toothpaste Labels and Ingredients of Toothpaste to see the negative effects of these substances.
All Toothpaste Recipes: DIY Toothpaste Recipes
What does our natural toothpaste have?
- Abrasive: 5 full table spoons of calcium carbonate
- Mild anti-septic/Anti-odour: 1 full tea spoon of sodium bicarbonate (carbonate)
- 2-3 table spoons of drinking water
- Anti-humid material: 3-4 table spoons of plant glycerine
- Sweetener: 1 tea spoon Stevia powder
- Odour/Aroma: 10 drops of volatile oil (for the mint taste and smell of the toothpaste. I am choosing mint oil)
Homemade Toothpaste Preparation:
Before starting to perpetrate the recipes, don’t forget to check I Have Warned You…
How to Use:
You can use it like a normal toothpaste. Apply small amount of the paste on the brush, brush your teeth, and rinse it off.
- When I told this recipe to my dentist, he advised me to research the abrasive effect of sodium bicarbonate on tooth enamel. Based on Abrasiveness index, since 0-70 range is accepted as “mild abrasive, sodium bicarbonate has the value of 7. Most of the toothpaste on the market is more abrasive than carbonate.
- You need to keep sodium bicarbonate away from aluminium cups.
If you are saying that “homemade toothpaste is not my thing”:
- If we assume that you brush your teeth twice a day, trying this recipe at least once a day (for example at night) will reduce your toothpaste consumption.
- You may choose to buy ecological toothpaste on the market.